Attention: This page represents the translation of a document originally written in Spanish. You can use this translation for informational purposes using your own language to improve the user experience, but as there may be different interpretations based on the language used, only the interpretation of the original version is valid for legal purposes.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users: from understanding basic things like the articles you like, the ads you've read, the products you want to buy in our sales section.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you provide us with: For example, many of our services require you to register for an EMARKET account. When you do so, we ask for personal information, such as your full name, date of birth, email address, telephone and home address.
Information we obtain from the use of our services: We collect information about the services you use and how you use them, such as when you view our ads, articles, products and other content on our website. This information includes:
- Device information: We collect specific information about the device (such as the hardware model, operating system version, browser version used and IP address used for connection). EMARKET can associate this entire database with your existing EMARKET account and offer a personalized service.
- Registration information:
When you use our services or view content provided by EMARKET, we automatically collect
and store certain information in our server logs. This includes:
- Details about how you used our service.
- Internet protocol address.
- Cookies that can uniquely identify your browser.
- Location information: If you use EMARKET services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use a variety of technologies to determine location, including IP address and GPS system.
- Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device with mechanisms such as browser web storage (HTML 5) and application data caches. This to improve navigation speed and user experience.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop other new services, and to protect EMARKET and our users. We also use this information to provide you with personalized content (for example, to provide you with more relevant search results and products).
If you contact EMARKET, we will keep a record of your communication to help resolve any issues you may have. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements. There is a section for customizing the desired communications.
EMARKET processes personal information on our servers, we may process your personal information on a server located outside the country in which you live. Under no circumstances will the data you provide us be shared with other organizations, your personal information will only be used for our services.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we intend to provide you with access to your personal information. If such information is incorrect, we strive to provide you with ways to update or delete it quickly (unless we must retain that information for legitimate business or legal reasons). If you update your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act upon your request.
We may reject all requests that are unreasonably repetitive or require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or radically changing a current practice), jeopardize the privacy of others users, or are very impractical (for example, requests related to system backup).
We strive to protect EMARKET and our users from unauthorized access or any unauthorized modification, disclosure or destruction of the information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt all our services using HTTP/SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including our physical security measures, to protect against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to EMARKET employees who need to know such information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
Revision: 10 October 2019 at 21:30